Wednesday, July 15, 2009

shiny side up

I'm off to O'Hare this morning to pick up my daughter, Nae.











She is flying in to be a bridesmaid in a wedding on Friday.

So as soon as I pick her up it's off to Kalamazoo again......

but no complaints this time......she's been living in Colorado Springs all summer....and went on an amazing mission trip to Sudan.....and then to London.
She's like me....doesn't like to talk on the phone much.....we communicate mostly by texting....





and I'm dying to hear all her stories from her travels.....she is really good at telling stories.....and I'm sure she has a ton....
So I'm sure this time....the 3+ hour drive will not be long enough.....

I talked to my dad last night about picking Nae up....and the drive....again....and he said "remember, shiny side up, rubber side down".....His way of saying drive carefully.....but it always makes me smile.....he's got lots of little sayings like that.
Btw, I'm having issues placing my photos today. And I gotta go so thanks for reading and have a great weekend....if I don't talk to ya!


1 comment: