Monday, July 27, 2009

I'm a super cool mom...yeah I am

Yesterday, while I was sitting in church, besides being distracted by the overall hugeness of the church.....and the ridiculously good looking people on stage.....and the tot kicking the back of my chair to some unknown rhythm.....and the funny light that showed up on the video screen on the right but not the one on the left.....and the guy in front of me with the really cool corn rows......I noticed the little girl sitting next to me (yeah! welcome to my ADD world).



She made my ADD mind come to a whirling, screeching, grinding stop.



Actually she was sitting on the other side of her mother, who was sitting beside me. She was so gosh darn cute, but that wasn't what drew me to watch her and tune out the pastor (sorry Jesus.)

It was the loving way she looked at her mother. I think you mom's out there know what I mean. It was that look like "My mom is super woman....she's the coolest....she can do it all.....I want to be just like her when I grow up...."



Little girls look at their moms like this for a VERY short period of time. I can't remember the exact age but I do remember Nae and Mac looking at me like this (Note to Nae and/or Mac if you are reading this and you think "OMGosh I NEVER looked/thought of you that way! You are crazy! What were you smoking?----Please don't tell me. Let me have my sweet memories---even if I was hallucinating. thank you.)



Seeing that look on her face brought back a couple memories of my girls.....they had that same loving, adoring, "you rock mom!" look on their faces. I realize now how I didn't appreciate those looks. They were gone in the blink of an eye.



Now these are the kind of looks I get....especially when I break out my camera









Moooommmm! do you have to do that?

I usually tell them that if they don't smile nice then I'm putting this one on the Christmas card.

Then I get this half baked smile.....


But now I can say "if you don't humor me....I'll blog about you and post this picture!!!" Yeah, that should work from now on.....

2 comments:

Lucky Girl said...

So this is just one more thing I missed by having ALL boys!!

Debra said...

Oh Tori..you make me laugh...I can SOOOOO relate with 3 girls! But, I'd NEVER trade them...at least on most days!