Friday, July 16, 2010

missing my blueberries

I'm headed back to Kalamazoo this weekend.
Nae is a bridesmaid in a wedding.


I can't decide what I'm more excited about....

seeing a bunch of friends I haven't seen in a while

or


blueberries.



I have been waiting for Michigan blueberry season since February
That's when I ran out.

Every year I freeze a bunch.

I eat them every morning in my oatmeal.


Mac and the Hubby love blueberry pie
I make a lot of those
they will fight over them.


Tony likes it when I boil the blueberries down and make a sauce for his pancakes.


I haven't found blueberries here in Illinois like the ones back in Michigan.
Maybe other states have ones just as good.
I just haven't had them.

Blueberries that are huge and sweet.

This year I've decided I will bring home 40 pounds.

Sounds like a lot but we'll see...

Have a great weekend everyone!



12 comments:

Sheri said...

yay, me! i always love the thrill of being the first one to post :)
are you planning on picking 40 pounds of those luscious blueberries or can you simply purchase that amount? i was chuckling because my first thought was that if you were going to do the work yourself then you didn't need to worry about time for girlfriends...there won't be any time left for them!
i've only had fresh from the bush blueberries once in my life and nothing has tasted so good since then. they were fantastic, just as you described them.
hope you have a wonderful trip, can't wait to hear all about it. and one more thing...i appreciate all of your kindness and honesty when you leave your comments. it does my heart so much good when i realize i'm not the only one struggling...thanks, (((tori)))!!

McGillicutty said...

Oh my now I want some, we can go pick them here and with all the crap in my life right now I totally forgot!!!
Thanks for this. Enjoy the weekend!

Brian Miller said...

mmm...love me some blue berries...can you rbing me some...smiles. have fun!

Matty said...

I love blueberries and always have them here. On cereal, in oatmeal, in yogurt, or just plain as is. Good for ya.

Kimi said...

Blueberry muffins. YUM. Hope you have an amazing trip. It is always nice to see friends and family again.

Tracie Nall said...

YUM! Blueberries are so good I could put them in everything-oatmeal, muffins, pie, ice cream, milkshakes, by themselves...so many things that I want to eat right now with blueberries on them!

Hope you have a fabulous trip.

Gaia said...

Aren't Mich. blue berries the best!!! I remember picking blueberries w/ my Grandma near Charlotte. We tied tin cans around our waist and probably ate more than we picked...yum! Enjoy!

Pam said...

Hope you have a wonderful time visiting old friends. And my goodness, those are HUGE blueberries. Who knew?

Mike said...

I love Blue things from Michigan!!!!!

Liz Mays said...

Now I feel like I've been taking them for granted! I'm going to have to get to the patch now!

Anti-Supermom said...

40 pounds, that's like the size of my preschooler - plus some. WOW!

I'm impressed with your blueberry skilz ;)

Have fun!

Kim said...

Michigan blueberries ARE the best. Last week we were at Silver Lake and we met international brokers from Washington and Georgia checking out the blueberries. I was impressed that Michigan blueberries were going to be shipped all over the world and people from each end of the US came to check them out. We just don't know how good we have it :)
Enjoy your blueberries!
Kim